Geoinformatics Master’s

Level: Master (MA&MSc)
Start years: 2024
Start month: February, September
Semesters: 4
Application deadline: November 15, 2023
Language certificate requested: (TOEFL 547 /IELTS 6.0 /oral examination)
Price: 7 500
usd/year (2 semesters)
University: Debrecen University
City: Debrecen

Course Description

The Master of Science program in Geoinformatics, offered by the Faculty of Science and Technology, provides comprehensive knowledge and skills in various aspects of geospatial information management. This includes proficiency in database management, surveying, LiDAR systems, photogrammetry, drones, and web mapping applications, applicable across diverse fields from environmental protection to regional development.

The program spans four semesters, accumulating a total of 120 ECTS credits. Instruction is designed to be hands-on, with a focus on practical training complemented by lectures and seminars. Practical components account for 60% of the program, while theoretical coursework constitutes the remaining 40%.

Subjects covered include New Research Methods in Geosciences, Geostatistics, Management Basics, Data Protection, Project Management, Geoscientific Data Mining, Spatial Data Analysis, Photogrammetry, Point Cloud Analysis, CAD (Computer-Aided Design), Open Source Software, Programming, Multispectral Remote Sensing, Hyperspectral Remote Sensing, Web Mapping, Raster Analysis, and Geovisualization.

Admission to the program requires a relevant Bachelor’s degree, and proficiency in English, demonstrated through standardized tests like TOEFL (547) or IELTS (6.0). Additionally, candidates must pay an application fee of 150 USD and an entrance procedure fee of 350 USD.

A significant component of the program is a 6-week field practice, providing students with hands-on experience in real-world settings. This practical exposure is invaluable for applying theoretical knowledge and developing proficiency in geospatial technologies.

Upon completion of the program, graduates are equipped to apply geoinformatics in a wide range of contexts, including environmental conservation, urban planning, transportation, agriculture, and more. Their expertise in geospatial data management and analysis makes them valuable assets in industries and organizations that rely on spatial information for decision-making and planning.

Interest in? Get in Touch Now!