Geography Master’s (Debrecen Uni.)

Level: Master (MA&MSc)
Start years: 2024
Semesters: 4
Language certificate requested: (TOEFL 547 /IELTS 6.0 /oral examination)
Price: 7 500
usd/year (2 semesters)
University: University of Debrecen
City: Debrecen

Course Description

The Master of Science program in Geography, offered by the Faculty of Science and Technology, is a specialized curriculum focused on environmental science, renewable energy, and geoinformatics. The program equips students with cutting-edge knowledge and skills in spatial data collection, analysis, and visualization, encompassing both statistical and cartographic aspects. Additionally, students gain expertise in the utilization of renewable energy sources such as solar, geothermic, and wind power, along with proficiency in measuring devices and energy calculation methods.

Admission to the program requires a Bachelor’s diploma in earth sciences or a related discipline in natural, human, or information sciences. Proficiency in English, demonstrated through standardized tests like TOEFL (547) or IELTS (6.0), is also a prerequisite. Prospective candidates must pay an application fee of 150 USD and an entrance procedure fee of 350 USD.

The program spans four semesters, accumulating a total of 120 ECTS credits. Instruction emphasizes practical training, accounting for 55% of the program, while lectures and seminars constitute the remaining 45%.

Courses encompass a wide range of subjects, including Novelties in the Methodology of Geosciences, Project Management and R+D Policy, Environmental Informatics, Environmental Application of GIS, Political Geography and Globalization, Seminar on Political Geography and Globalization, Landscape Analysis, Regional and Spatial Development in Practice, Environmental Systems – Environmental Geography, Regional and Spatial Development, Space and Society, Applied Geomorphology, Natural and Anthropogenic Hazards, Field Trip, Project Work, Professional Practice, and Thesis.

A vital component of the program is a 6-week field practice, offering students practical exposure in real-world settings. This hands-on experience is instrumental in applying theoretical knowledge and developing proficiency in various aspects of geography.

Upon completion of the program, graduates are well-equipped to contribute to environmental conservation, renewable energy initiatives, and geoinformatics applications. Their expertise in spatial data analysis and environmental evaluation techniques makes them valuable assets in industries and organizations focused on sustainable resource management and environmental protection.

Interest in? Get in Touch Now!