Chemistry Master’s

Level: Master (MA&MSc)
Start years: 2024
Start month: September, February
Semesters: 4
Application deadline: November 15, 2023
Language certificate requested: (TOEFL 547 /IELTS 6.0 /oral examination)
Price: 7 500
usd/year (2 semesters)
University: University of Debrecen
City: Debrecen

Course Description


The Master of Science program in Chemistry, administered by the Faculty of Science and Technology, falls under the academic discipline of Natural Sciences. Successful completion leads to the qualification of Chemist. The program commences in both September and February, and proficiency in English is required, demonstrated through TOEFL scores of 547, IELTS scores of 6.0, and a successful oral examination.

Academic eligibility entails a Bachelor’s degree in either chemistry or chemical engineering. The program spans four semesters and accumulates 120 ECTS credits. Tuition is set at 7,500 USD per year, with additional fees including a 150 USD application fee and a 350 USD entrance procedure fee.

The program’s primary objective is to provide advanced training for chemists, equipping them with theoretical and practical knowledge in chemistry, along with fundamental knowledge in related scientific fields such as mathematics, physics, informatics, biology, and environmental protection. Graduates will possess the ability and practical skills to address chemical challenges in industrial or laboratory settings, actively engage in research and development projects across various chemistry disciplines, and pursue further studies in advanced chemistry and chemical research with a high degree of autonomy.

Specializations within the program include Synthetic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, and Radiochemistry. The curriculum consists of lectures and seminars accounting for 44% of the program, while practical components make up the remaining 56%. Core subjects include Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Synthetic Methods, Heterocycles, Biochemistry, Instrumental Analysis, Introduction to Chemical Engineering, and more.

In addition to coursework, students are required to complete a 6-week field practice to gain practical experience in the field.

Interest in? Get in Touch Now!