Agricultural Water Management Engineering Master’s

Level: Master (MA&MSc)
Start years: 2024
Semesters: 4
Price: 7 500
eur/year (2 semesters)
University: University of Debrecen
City: Debrecen

Course Description

The MSc program in Agricultural Water Management Engineering is administered by the Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences and Environmental Management, falling within the academic discipline of Agricultural Science. Graduates from this program are awarded the qualification of Agricultural Water Management Engineer.

The program is scheduled to commence in September 2024 and requires applicants to meet specific language and academic prerequisites. Proficiency in English, demonstrated through TOEFL scores of 547 or IELTS scores of 6.0, along with an oral examination, is a mandatory requirement. Additionally, candidates should hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as environmental science, agricultural engineering, horticulture engineering, crop production engineering, agrobusiness and rural development engineering, or rural development engineering.

The program spans four semesters and awards 120 ECTS credits upon completion. Tuition for this program is set at 7,500 USD per year, with additional fees including a 150 USD application fee and a 350 USD entrance procedure fee.

The MSc in Agricultural Water Management Engineering aims to train professionals who possess the knowledge and skills necessary for utilizing creative engineering solutions in the realm of sustainable integrated water management within the agricultural sector. Graduates are equipped to collaborate with other experts in addressing both domestic and international challenges related to their field of expertise.

The program is divided between lectures and seminars, which make up 48% of the curriculum, and practical application, constituting the remaining 52%.

Key subjects covered during the program include applied hydrology and hydraulics, climatology, hydrogeography, water chemistry, and soil physics. The second year of study delves into precision agriculture, drought management, water economics, and more.

Students are also required to complete a 4-week summer field practice as part of their internship and practical training.

Upon completion of the program, graduates are well-qualified for roles in engineering design, research, and leadership positions. Additionally, they may choose to pursue further studies in doctoral training.

Interest in? Get in Touch Now!